Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Strange Day

Today I feel like writing a more personal post.

Those of you who have been following me for a while (since Fusion Boutique) may have known that I got married a lil more than 2 years ago. Our two year anniversary was in June =). It has finally occurred to me that it was about time I changed my last name. I've been putting it off for a while, not because I didn't want to change my name (okay..maybe that is one of the reasons hehe jk), but honestly, it just seemed like such a big hassle. Waiting in line at the Social security, dmv, bank, insurance UGGHhhh.....Here is link in case anyone is curious: http://weddings.about.com/od/getorganized/a/changeyournam.htm.

Anyhow, this morning I finally decided to get it done. After 2 hours of waiting in line, I finished off the first step (Social Security). I came in expecting to be able to move my last name to be my new middle name; I left with just a first name and my husband's last name. I was SOOOOOOO bummed that they didn't let me move my last name to be my middle name =(. Apparently, you have to get it done through court and it is a whole long process.

So today...I must say, was a strange day. After only 27 years, I had to depart with my last name. I'm sure those of you who went through this felt the same way at first. I don't know exactly how to explain the feeling, it is just...strange. I'm sure I'll eventually get over it, right?

On a happier note, its FRIDAY!! Whoo HOOo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this comment is on such and old post, but I was worried my last name wouldn't be able to be moved to my middle, but they let me at the social security office (in PA!) But I had no previous middle name (so sad as an asian) so now i'm first name, maiden name, husband's last name. He is hapa but has a white last name, and I was so worried I'd sound like I had a white man's name (my first name is unisex) but now it's sorta okay. I didn't change my last name until I got a ticket and the cop told me I had to change my license (a year after marriage).... anyhow, belated congrats! I love your store!

shopruche.com said...

Wow! We're almost on the same boat! I didn't change my name until after a year either. My husband is also hapa! So my first name is a total asian name and my last name is Italian. It was really weird, still weird..but I'm getting used to it now. Too bad they didn't let me move my maiden name. =(

hodgepodge said...

i’m filipino/spanish, and the middle name is usually, (though not always), the mothers maiden name followed by the fathers surname. when i got married, I changed my middle name to my maiden name and my new last name without any problems (in louisiana). my first name is of greek origin and my last name is of english decent. at least my middle name is spanish and makes sense with my identity! ;)